Yellowfin Change Log
Yellowfin BI 9.6.1 - build 10 September, 2021
Published: 10 September, 2021
- Improved the performance of the logic used to determine a user's access to dashboards.
- Upgraded the JS library TinyMCE to version 5.8.2.
- Upgraded the JSch library from 0.1.55 to 0.1.63 to support more ciphers.
- Improved the management of repository database connection resources on the Report Builder page.
- Added additional database indexes to the repository database to accelerate queries running against tables related to dashboards and images.
- Added an advanced configuration to control some Oracle data source objects and synonyms.
- Added a validation filter condition to Teradata calculated field validation.
- Removed legacy drivers for Big Query and Hive proxy JDBC, and updated the Hive connection wizard to accept the official Hive driver and to exclude the outdated DriverPath connection parameter.
- Implemented the ability to listen to dashboard loading events via an object on the window.
- Improved CSS load speed within the JS API.
- Added support for creating a login token from the REST API for the current user without requiring the current user's credentials (allowing REST API consumers to use the JS API or redirect to the web app without the user having to re-enter their credentials).
- Added a new report layout option that enables scrollbars for canvas reports on dashboards if they don't fit their container.
- Updated the tooltip for layered bar charts to display all bar values on hover, as well as the total for the entire bar.
- Tweaked the code for parsing browser width and height to improve chart sizing on the page.
- Improved report loading speed by eliminating superfluous load requests.
- Improved the vertical alignment between toggle filters and their label names to be vertically centered.
- Improved the layout, content and sections of the Action Button Properties panel.
- Upgraded Tomcat to 9.0.50 for new installations.
- Improved memory management during view save and load processes.
- Improved the security of the Browse page.
- Resolved individual potential vulnerabilities with:
- content folder management;
- the input area of report approval messages;
- The approval step before publishing reports to private folders;
- the availability of report detail summary information;
- the reference code manager;
- unauthorised user session access to the Admin Console;
- the quick login functionality;
- email templates;
- storyboard slide editing settings and sharing;
- image access and user profile image functionality;
- attaching links and videos to comments.
- Resolved an issue that would allow users to view a report with data from a restricted-access subquery view before the report’s first run.
- Resolved an issue where creating a view from the MIPreReportInit.i4 page would fail.
- Resolved a misconfiguration issue with the static resources identifier when loading a plugin.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent an event from being recorded after moving a content item from Favorites on the Browse page.
- Resolved an issue where the event table would not log events for exports to XLSX and CSV file types.
- Resolved an issue where DB connection pool deadlocks could occur, even when connection pooling was not in use, when the connection limit was reached.
- Resolved a potential security issue that could arise during the testing of data source connections.
- Resolved an issue that would cause an exception when a Salesforce data source launched pre-built content.
- Resolved an issue where a view could not be changed to use a data source from a different database type.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the Geometry data type to be misinterpreted when using an SQL Server data source.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the access filter schedule to always use the Append refresh type.
- Resolved an issue with view relationships where reordering table conditions would cause any other changes to be lost.
- Resolved an issue with the View Builder that would cause the table filter to reset when viewing more than one page of search results.
- Resolved an issue where calculated fields using custom functions with the DateTime data type would pass the date value only (no time value) into the SQL query.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent OLAP Cube sub queries from working.
- Resolved an issue where OLAP sub query filters would not add offsets to dynamic dates.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent a dashboard from being exported if it contained a drill through to a dashboard with a filter belonging to a report's sub query.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the deletion of a view created from a report.
- Resolved an issue where saving stored procedures would not adhere to the Include Schema in SQL option, and improved functionality so that stored procedures can be saved without the schema component, enabling cross-schema datasource substitution.
- Resolved an issue that would cause orphaned database records if view cloning failed.
Roles & groups
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the role function Show Draft Dashboards from working as expected.
- Resolved an access issue with the Hide Browse role function.
- Resolved an issue that would cause members of client org user roles to be excluded from client groups that their roles had been added to.
- Resolved an issue where users and user groups would not be deleted after the client org they belonged to had been deleted.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the User Group Members list from displaying more than ten users.
- Resolved a potential security vulnerability when retrieving the list of discussion group members.
- Reverted changes made in 9.6 to the Show Duplicate Records toggle in the View Builder for smoother upgrades.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the migration process from running on the target instance if no external URL had been set in the source instance.
- Resolved an issue where if a problem produced the JDBC error message during Yellowfin installation, the error message would also display the DB password.
- Resolved an issue where the database password would display when installing Yellowfin through the command line.
- Resolved an issue that could cause some unexpected text in some messages on brand new Yellowfin instances with tutorial content installed.
- Resolved an issue with using encrypted licenses with Yellowfin.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent files exported from older versions from being imported via the REST API.
- When migrating dashboards from pre-9.0 releases to 9.5 or later releases, resolved an issue that would cause associated reports to disappear, or appear in the wrong location, after migration.
- Added a migration job that updates the statuscode of contentmanagement records to OPEN when the statuscode is DRAFT.
- Resolved an issue that could cause some content not in OPEN state to attach to export files as dependencies.
- Resolved an issue that would cause a report with two or more custom query filters from a different data source to export with only one of those custom query filters.
- Resolved a potential vulnerability with the handling of data source passwords during the import process.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent filters on a dashboard with code mode from applying after import.
- Resolved an import error on report views with deleted records.
- Resolved an issue would ignore the selection of the custom query filter data source option during import.
- Resolved an issue where setting the possible values via the JS API would not work correctly with a pop-up filter.
- Resolved an issue where switching export types via the Export popup would stop an export.
- Resolved an issue where exports would sometimes erroneously fail with a ‘Content Has Changed’ message.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent some multi-tab dashboards from exporting.
- Resolved a layout issue that would cause exported co-display reports with sections to separate tiles from reports if the export didn’t fit on a single page.
- Resolved an issue where canvas formatting would not be applied to report canvases on the Print Preview pop-up.
- Resolved a PDF export issue that would cause tables to break incorrectly when the header and footer heights were vastly different values.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the Filter API from reporting the correct values when exporting to PDF.
- Resolved an issue with static layout dashboards where a width greater than 1000px would not shrink to fit when exporting to PDF.
- Resolved a PDF export issue that would prevent row-based report exports.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent exports to PDF when CSRF Filters was enabled.
- Resolved an issue where exporting reports to PDF using certain fonts would cause tables to break in unexpected places.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the correct layout of long report names or descriptions when exporting co-display reports to PDF.
- Resolved an issue where row-based reports would render inconsistently when exporting to PDF.
- Resolved an issue where PDF exports with Suppress Duplicates enabled would not export labels for custom-width columns.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the bottom border to disappear on reports exported as PDF or DOCX with Suppress Duplicates turned on.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent images in the header and footer of a report from exporting correctly to the DOCX file format.
- Resolved an issue with DOCX exports including actual data values when a conditional format using icons is used
- Resolved an issue with conditional formatting icons not being displayed on total and subtotal rows in DOCX, PDF and XLSX exports
- Resolved the issue of conditional formatting icons not being available in XLSX exports.
- Resolved an issue with conditional formatting legend missing for total and subtotal rows in XLSX exports
- Resolved some issues around content display within the new broadcast subject line filter tags including:
- inconsistent date formatting/dynamic date display;
- incorrect unicode character rendering; and,
- empty subquery filter tag content.
- Improved the format of broadcast email filter tags that contain multiple filter values.
- Resolved an issue where filtering a report date field with the ‘In list’ operand, then using the date field in a broadcast filter tag, would prevent the broadcast from running.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent reports with timestamp filters from broadcasting.
- Resolved an issue that would flag a report broadcast schedule with Success even when it had failed to generate a PDF.
- Resolved several issues around schedule management, including incomplete deletion of tasks related to a ref code, and tasks without descriptions not being searchable.
- Resolved an issue that would cause inaccurate broadcast counts, which led to some EventCache performance enhancements.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent broadcasts from running after upgrading to 126.96.36.199 or 9.6.
- Modified the publishUUID migration job for dashboard and presentation canvasses so their changes are committed incrementally to the database.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent filter linking between advanced functions on a dashboard.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent advanced function filters and filter links from being imported or migrated during an upgrade.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the preview/edit toggle mode to change when switching between tabs to a new sub tab with global content.
- Resolved an issue where brushing would not be disabled for canvas sub tabs even when toggled off.
- Resolved a timing issue that could cause the wrong report display type to be rendered in the dashboard canvas editor.
- Resolved an issue where a drill up triggered from the report menu would not be reflected in the child report of a dashboard drill to drill report interaction link.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent CSS on code mode dashboards from being removed from the page when the user left the tab.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the Moving Average analytical function to use incorrect rows during calculation.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent report data time/date fields from displaying according to the user’s set time zone.
- Resolved an issue that would cause a report and any dashboard it was embedded on to endlessly load if it contained a drill through to a dashboard with a filter belonging to a report's sub query.
- Resolved an issue that could skew the layout of report headers with Report Header Lock enabled.
- Resolved an issue that would ignore text alignment in columns of set widths.
- Resolved an issue that would cause a skewed display of filter panel titles in edit mode.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the Suppress Duplicates option from working on fields with subtotals set.
- Resolved an issue that would cause date functions placed within filter groups to generate incorrect SQL.
- Resolved an issue that would cause incorrect user prompt filter values for a report with Minus sub queries.
- Resolved an issue that would allow the user prompt filters to trigger additional runs of a report already running.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent dependent filters using the list entry style from resetting to the correct default filter values.
- Resolved an issue that would cause filters to lose their insertion order when adding multiple sub queries.
- Resolved an issue where filter links would not be updated after a dashboard was edited.
- Resolved an issue where the Min/Max filter options would be missing for custom query filters on dashboards.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent filters from resetting to their default values when the Dynamic Default Filter setting was enabled.
- Resolved an issue that would ignore the number placed in the List Size field of the Filter Formatting panel.
- Resolved an issue where checkbox filters would show unnecessary scroll bars by reimplementing the List Size parameter on dashboards to configure list and checkbox filter scroll bars.
- Resolved an issue that would cause an error when dependent filters from multiple reports on a dashboard had their parent filter values changed at the same time.
- Resolved some display issues with the left filter navigation panel, including buttons that would be hidden when switching modes and filter groups that would collapse on each other.
- Resolved an issue with conditional drill through that would cause child filters to fail to link if they were created after the drill through was set up.
- Added Null Behavior options to category-based charts.
- Resolved an issue where the horizontal axis display name on a trellis vertical bar chart would use the vertical axis display name.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent conditional colors from showing on a time series bar chart with a metric color field.
- Resolved an issue that would block conditional formatting on an auto chart when coloring by the metric field if no color field was present on the chart.
- Resolved an issue where importing an area chart on a cross tab or an area chart with dimension color would not import the opacity setting for an entire series.
- Resolved an issue where a trend could be broken and wasn't being identified as a problem field within the report builder.
- Resolved an issue on some charts that would cause multiple points from the same line to be selected on mouse hover.
- Resolved an issue that would cause tooltips to appear in the wrong place when using animated charts.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the tooltip on time series forecasts to hide data in certain languages.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent a story’s screenshot from cropping on a large screen.
- Resolved an issue where users who were not original contributors of story templates could not create new stories based on those templates.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent user details from being updated if they had a password expiry date set.
- Resolved an issue where a dashboard could be added to the Favourites area multiple times.
- Resolved an issue that would cause an empty toolbar to be displayed to users who had not selected a dashboard to load at login.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent users from using the drag-and-drop functionality to move certain content items to and from folders on the Browse page.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent changes to the Custom Share Email Sender config fields from being saved when client orgs are enabled.
- Added an option to disable text encoding/escaping for the Action Button URL formatter.
- Resolved an issue where canvas widgets could not be sent backwards or forwards on the canvas when grouped.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the Publish pop-up to appear when changing tabs in the Model step of the View Builder.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Prepare step of a view to stop loading.
- Resolved an issue where the toggle changes on the Performance section of the View Options panel would not be saved.
- Resolved an issue where changing the canvas width via the Dashboard Properties panel would cause the sub tabs selector menu to disappear.
- Resolved a positioning issue with the Action sub-section of the Properties panel on static layout dashboards.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the export of SQL when requested via the SQL Statement tab of the Information popup for a dashboard.
- Resolved an issue where sticky global containers would not inherit the dashboard background color.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the Legend Title and Description formatting fields from updating on a report.
- Resolved a display issue that could occur when hiding the first field in a cross-tab report.
- Resolved an issue that would cause multiple scrollbars to appear on a report upon opening a dialogue box.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent users from editing conditions with NULL/NOT NULL operators in the Conditional Formatting pop-up.
- Resolved an issue where Jasper reports with multiple filters would incorrectly display duplicate filters.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the Select All toggle on checkbox lists in the filter panel to stay on after resetting the filters.
- Resolved an issue that would not allow users to change the entry style of a view-level filter on dashboards.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the date filter from functioning correctly upon clicking apply a second time.
- Resolved an issue that would cause HTML characters to be displayed within the popup text when linking filters.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the filter control panel to display out of bounds in some languages.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the Reset link to be incorrectly greyed out instead of clickable.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the left side nav filter panel to remain open after applying filter updates.
- Resolved an issue with client orgs that would cause the left side navigation to disappear on dashboards that used a different navigation style setting to their parent org.
- Resolved an issue that would allow zooming out to one level further than allowed on a GIS map.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent changes to the Chart Series Settings panel from saving when there were too many categories on a chart.
- Refreshed the Create New Presentation pop-up design including easier scrolling and visible theme titles.
- Resolved an issue on published presentations that would allow a user to right-click on a slide to see the Edit option.
- Improved some phrasing in our French UI.
- Added short month names to the Thai translation so they are shown correctly on the calendar.