Yellowfin Change Log
Yellowfin BI 8.0.10 - build 20210701
Published: 1 July, 2021
- Upgraded the BigQuery connector to only accept JDBC 4.2 specification drivers (learn more).
- Upgraded Liquibase library version to 4.3.2.
- Upgraded the Underscore library to version 1.13.1.
- Updated the JDBC connection string for our standalone importer to support Oracle Service connection syntax.
- Improved performance of OLAP connections and added support for new method in the Olap4j library.
- Added the Default Dataset parameter for BigQuery datasource connections.
- Added an advanced configuration option to prevent offline data sources from being flagged as unavailable.
- Added plugin management endpoints to the REST API.
- Added functionality to the categories endpoint of the REST API so it can now be used to create new categories, get a single category, delete a category and refresh caches that contain category data.
- Improved REST authorization error responses with additional error codes and more meaningful text.
- Updated report exports to .xlsx format to include section summaries.
- Added the option of exporting conditional format icons as scalable vector graphics into DOCX files (learn more here and here).
- Added a dropdown list to select which line delimiter to use in exported CSV reports (learn more here and here).
- Added the option to customize broadcast email subject lines through filter tags (learn more).
- Added an option to allow for the unrestricted display of all possible filter values in the filter prompt, regardless of other filter value selections.
- Improved the content of approval request notifications in activity streams by including the approval requestor’s descriptive text.
- Updated the instructional text on the Browse page.
- Resolved an issue that would cause large read volumes from the temp folder.
- Resolved an issue that could cause some performance issues while waiting for reports to complete.
- Removed unused jQuery resources after upgrades.
- Resolved an issue where upgrading from Yellowfin 7 would cause the Browse page to hang.
- Resolved an issue that would cause an upgrade from Yellowfin 8.0.8 to halt if the license file could not be found.
- Resolved an issue where a license with multicast disabled would affect the user's ability to use webservices when saving reports.
- Resolved an issue where a license with concurrent mode disabled would give an incorrect license breach warning.
- Improved security by implementing a feature that allows the two-way encryption key to be replaced with a custom key.
- Resolved a potential security vulnerability with the activity stream.
- Resolved a potential security vulnerability when export reports to PDF and DOCX formats.
- Resolved a potential security issue with the translation import/export page.
- Resolved a potential security issue when adding users through the User Import window.
- Resolved a potential security vulnerability in the Story Editor and its controls.
- Resolved a potential XSS security vulnerability in the Story Editor.
- Resolved a potential XSS issue with custom header and footer includes.
- Resolved a potential access control issue on private discussion streams.
- Resolved an issue that would allow edit access to views stored in a secure folder.
- Resolved an issue where Datasource Creation and Datasource Edit actions would fail when the datasource contained thousands of schemas.
- Resolved an issue that would cause certain reference code synchronization jobs to fail.
- Resolved an issue where client orgs would not display Signals analyses based on the views from the primary org.
- Resolved an issue where applying a Boolean filter with a BigQuery data source would cause an error to appear.
- Resolved an issue where BigQuery filters would throw SQL errors if they contained apostrophes.
- Resolved an issue that would cause a "resource exhausted" error in the Google Sheets connector (learn more).
REST API/Web Services
- Resolved an issue where the TESTIMPORTCONTENTNOVALIDATION web service call would still validate.
- Resolved an issue with the SOAP web service function SAVECONFIGURATION which would not update for a few specific configurations.
- Resolved an issue that would cause bulk user imports to fail on Yellowfin instances using Oracle databases.
- Resolved an issue with transformation flows where a large delimited file could not be extracted.
- Resolved an issue with ETL item import that could prevent reports from being edible.
- Resolved an issue where exporting a co-display tabbed report to some formats would export only the content from the first tab.
- Resolved an issue where some table borders would not be displayed in PDF exports.
- Resolved an issue which would prevent the export of view summaries in PDFs if a default language font was set.
- For customers upgrading to 8.0.10, we switched on the ‘Show Duplicate Records’ toggle for all drag and drop views to avoid excess preview processing times.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the download of view summaries for SQL views.
- Resolved an issue that would stop a valid view-level calculated filter from being saved.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the Show Duplicate Records toggle from functioning in views.
- Resolved an issue where cloning a view used by a report on a dashboard would not update the dashboard filter settings.
- Resolved an issue that would cause a user to lose read access to reports if private report sharing was disabled in the user’s role.
- Resolved an issue that would cause Freehand SQL reports to automatically suppress duplicate cells.
- Resolved an issue where reports created by the Google Analytics connector would cause system errors.
- Resolved an issue with the Division By Column(s) advanced function which would treat a calculation result of zero as null.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the option to use min/max values for cached filters from saving.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent filter values from being obtained for reports created from Freehand SQL views with access filters enabled.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent a drill through link from being set when using a default child value for a mandatory filter.
- Resolved an issue where the operators ”In List” and “Not In List” would not accept a filter value of zero.
- Resolved an issue where report filters would automatically replace custom regional decimal separators with default full-stops.
- Resolved the issue where broadcast schedule jobs would sometimes be marked as successful despite some of the reports failing.
- Resolved a timing issue in the Task Scheduler which would cause duplicate task runs in a clustered environment.
- Resolved a CSS issue which would incorrectly flip some embedded dashboard navigation icons.
- Resolved an issue that would cause tags with dynamic date values to display incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue that would cause long filter names and values to overlap in the Left Nav menu with scrollbar.
- Resolved an issue in user group management where clicking the Add button for a dashboard tab before selecting a tab would cause an error.
- Resolved an issue that would cause some specific escaped characters to be displayed.
- Resolved an issue that would not count dashboards, discussion streams or transformation flows in the favorites count on the timeline.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the timeline Connections panel to omit the display of contacts followed.
- Resolved an issue where discussion streams could not be deleted.
- Resolved an issue where story screenshots would render partially transparent.
- Resolved an issue where a row highlight color set in the report builder could not be removed.
- Resolved an issue that would cause text filters to set cursor focus to the bottom filter on page load.
- Resolved an issue where operand breadcrumbs would sometimes display incorrectly.
- Added some missing language translations.
- Resolved an issue where delimiters would be displayed with translated text.